Monday, August 22, 2011

I Want that Cheese

I was sitting on the sofa eating some bread and cheese while watching TV, a puppy with me on the sofa, on top of a couple of layers of bath towels just in case. On the table in front of me, close to the sofa, was a plate of delicious Manchego and some olives. The pup sniffed the air. He suddenly became animated and started moving really fast, with a determined attitude. His front legs slipped down off the sofa, but I caught him and pulled him back. He immediately dove forward again but this time I pulled the table closer and his front feet reached the table as he grabbed the cellophane wrapper from the cheese and started to pull on it as hard as he could. I pulled him back to me and he immediately set off again, determined to get the cheese. He was only 16 days old and had never eaten anything besides mother's milk....but he is a cheese lover already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post or Share your Bouvier story